Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2021

The Hard and Easy Taskmaster

In Te Ngahere we did a taskmaster. It was called can you follow directions. (Apparently I can’t.) We had to follow 23 directions to test us. We were doing this to see if we follow instructions but apparently we read a small bit and think I know what I am doing instead of reading all of it. Our teachers were trying to teach us to read things carefully.  I learnt that I don’t always read things carefully. First off Whaea Becks gave us a piece of paper that had a set of instructions on it. We had to grab a pencil and put it on our desk. Our teacher put a timer on for 4 minutes. After four minutes was up our teacher gave us 30 more seconds and then an extra couple of minutes. (here is what we did on the paper.)  The first question was read everything carefully before doing anything. I read question 1 and I thought that it meant to read the question carefully before doing it, but it meant to read all of the questions first and then follow them. On question 23 it said now that you have read everything carefully. Do only sentence 1 and 2. Then quietly draw on the back. Once I got to there I new I did this test wrong. I felt so good about how far I got till I read the last question then  I knew I failed. From now on I am going to read things carefully. Do you always read things carefully?





No comments:

Post a Comment