Pages

Thursday, May 6, 2021

The Hard and Amazing EPro8

In Te Ngahere we have been making catapults. We had to make a catapult that could launch a ping pong ball at least 3 meters before hitting the ground. Our teacher gave us 30 bamboo sticks, 30 rubber bands, 1 ping pong ball, scissors, string, tape, 2 A4 pieces of paper and 1 A3 piece of paper. I learnt how to make a catapult out of bamboo sticks, rubberbands, paper and tape. Before we started the EPro8 we watched a video telling us what energy we used. I found out that potential energy is when the energy is stored somewhere and kinetic energy is when energy is released. For example in rubber bands there is potential energy and when you stretch it and let it go it makes kinetic energy. In my group it was challenging because one member was helping me and the other was sometimes playing with rubber bands. I think my group did really well because we made a working catapult that traveled through the air and hit the ground at about 4.9 meters. I think my group and I could work on communicating better. Have you ever made a catapult? 




No comments:

Post a Comment