Pages

Sunday, May 23, 2021

Fantastic EPro 8

In Te Ngahere we have been doing EPro 8 challenges. We had to split into groups of 4. My group was Jaelyn - Marie, Shivam and Mikaira. We had to build a bridge that could hold a toy car going across it. We started making a Cable Stayed bridge but then we looked at a Truss bridge. The truss bridge looked much easier because it was basically just triangles. I learnt about 3 different bridges. Truss, Suspension and Cable Stayed.  I think my group did really well because we all worked together and made quite a good bridge. None of us felt left out because we all did our part. First we all made triangles and then we all helped to put them together. Also me and Shivam sorted all of the sticks into color piles. My groups truss bridge was different to the picture of a truss bridge because ours was wonkey, the triangles were different because ours were the same size on each side and the pictures triangles were the same on both sides but the bottom triangle was a bit bigger and it wobbled a lot. Have you ever made a bridge before? If so what type did you make?


Uploading: 2601984 of 22421778 bytes uploaded.





1 comment:

  1. G’day Anika I am Mikaira and I go to Paihia School. I like your blog post and how you told what our bridge looked like even though you told the bad parts of the bridge. This gave me memories of when we made a bridge in Te Maunga and It was fun like this. Maybe you could add a little more detail of what happened to the bridge next time. Why did you think we had to swap bridges?

    ReplyDelete