Pages

Friday, June 25, 2021

A Fantastic Day Out of School

In Te Ngahere we went to the Science Roadshow. I learnt that honey from different flowers tasted different.  We had to go on a school bus or car to get to Bay of Islands College. I went by car and my mum drove. Ashlyn and Mahana came in the car with us.Be sure to check out their blogs too. When we were there we got a small show about oxygen, carbon dioxide and other things. Before we left we had another show.  For that one the scientists made a firenado. If you don't know what a firenado is it is spinning fire that looks like a tornado. When the scientists running the show created this they tried just spinning the fire but nothing happened. Then they tried to use a cone that you put on a dog to stop it from itching, but nothing happened. Then they tried to use a small rubbish bin with holes and the bottom taken out. That worked because a fire needs oxygen to stay alight.

My favorite exhibit was how the same discs reacted to different surfaces because it was very interesting to see if a plastic disc went further on carpet, lino, smooth wood or rubber.


In fair testing I learnt that if you change one variable at a time you will know what helped your creation.  This will help me with my science fair project because now I understand about fair testing.

Have you ever gone to Bay of Islands College before or a Science Roadshow?







1 comment:

  1. Hi Anika it’s me Tiiria in your class. I like how you put more than one picture of us learning about science. I also liked how you told us what the show was about. I also liked how you wrote about the science roadshow we were learning about. This was a good post and it was fun to read because you put lots of good detail that went into what the science was so we can understand it.

    What was your favorite science.

    ReplyDelete